EMC absorber is a kind of absorbing material to prevent electromagnetic interference, which has developed rapidly in recent years.
Electromagnetic compatibility abbreviation EMC means that an electronic device neither interferes with other devices nor is affected by other devices. Electromagnetic compatibility, like safety as we are familiar, is one of the most important indicators of product quality. The electromagnetic compatibility involves human and environmental protection, so the equipment must be electromagnetically shielded to reduce the radiation interference of the environment to the equipment or the equipment to the environment, make the equipment adapt to the complex working environment, and ensure that the equipment can normally achieve the designed function, improve equipment reliability and safety.
The general development trend of electromagnetic compatibility is:
- Electromagnetic compatibility prediction simulation technology. The design method of proactively preventing electromagnetic interference and electromagnetic compatibility is an important method of electromagnetic compatibility research at this stage, and it is the main direction of electromagnetic compatibility development in the future. Electromagnetic compatibility digital simulation, mathematical modeling and simulation calculation based on computer technology. In the late 1980s, a variety of electromagnetic design tools have been developed to analyze and deal with electromagnetic interference problems in the overall design. In the 1990s, he focused on the study of computer graphics technology, three-dimensional imaging technology and electromagnetic calculation methods in electromagnetic engineering design.
- Electromagnetic compatibility design and control technology. Comprehensive consideration of electromagnetic compatibility design from single equipment and single task steering system, continuous optimization and improvement. There have also been some new advances in EMI control technology, providing hardware solutions. The adopted interference suppression device includes time and frequency concealer, wave notch filter, interference canceler and so on. Another important technology is the use of radar absorbing materials to reduce the effects of electromagnetic interference. The unique ability of radar absorbers to receive RF energy makes them particularly suitable for decoupling adjacent electromagnetic systems and reducing electromagnetic energy reflected from structures. There is also an urgent need to make breakthroughs in new materials and new processes for shielding and filtering electromagnetic interference.
- Electromagnetic compatibility test and evaluation technology. The development of electromagnetic compatibility technology is inseparable from the test technology. The overall and system-level safety margins, the harmful effects of electromagnetic fields on personnel, weapons and equipment, fuel and anti-nuclear electromagnetic pulse effects tests are particularly concerned. Development of new measuring instruments, instruments and equipment and application of new technologies in electromagnetic compatibility standards, test equipment and facilities. It has the characteristics of wide frequency band and high field strength. Electromagnetic compatibility test technology is gradually developing towards high-speed automation, integration and portability. At present, the working frequency bands of military equipment, especially electronic equipment, are constantly expanding. In order to meet the needs of the development of military equipment, corresponding detection methods must be established.
- Electromagnetic radiation hazards and their protection technologies. The hazards of electromagnetic radiation to personnel, ordnance and fuel are unique in weapon systems. Due to the development of radio technology and the wide application of electromagnetic waves, the impact of electromagnetic wave radiation on living things, especially on the human body, has also become a hot spot of public concern. In recent years, great progress has been made in this field, and standards for electromagnetic radiation have been formed. However, technical issues such as field strength limits for personnel hazards, safety system assessment methods for ordnance against electromagnetic radiation, and fuel safety distances still need to be broken through.
- Electromagnetic pulse effect and its protection technology. Lightning and nuclear explosions both generate electromagnetic pulses, especially the electromagnetic energy generated by high-altitude nuclear explosions can damage the enemy’s command, control, communication, and intelligence systems in large quantities. Therefore, it is necessary to strengthen the research on anti-electromagnetic pulse technology of weapon systems to improve the survivability under electromagnetic weapons and high-altitude nuclear explosions.
EMC absorber includes two requirements:
- On the one hand, it means that the electromagnetic interference generated by the equipment to the environment in the normal operation process cannot exceed a certain limit (EMI);
- On the other hand, it means that the appliance has a certain degree of immunity to electromagnetic interference existing in the environment, that is, electromagnetic susceptibility (EMS).
The research on EMC absorber materials began with military TEMPEST technology, and has been widely used in military stealth aircraft, stealth warships, stealth military vehicles and stealth fortifications, becoming an important technology for information countermeasures in electronic warfare. It has always been highly valued by various countries.
Due to the advancement of EMC technology for civil products and the continuous formulation and implementation of standards, more and more attention has been paid to civil EMC technology and products. There is a strong demand for EMC absorber materials, especially in terms of commercial confidentiality. In addition to eliminating radar virtual images and ghosting, EMC absorber materials can be used to eliminate TV ghosting, electromagnetic information leakage prevention for large commercial buildings, and EMC for civil electronic products, and it can also be used to protect the body of operators working in electromagnetic environments.
In the research of EMC absorber materials, on the one hand, improving the performance of existing materials and designing various types of absorber structures, on the other hand, we are also stepping up the development of new EMC absorber materials. At present, due to various reasons, such as thickness, specific gravity, anti-aging performance, absorption bandwidth, etc., the various EMC absorber materials mentioned above are not enough to be used in the civil EMC product market, and also have important development prospects.
Shenzhen PH Functional Materials is a professional emc absorber material manufacturer. We have many years of production experience and are one of the experts in this industry. We are willing to provide customers with high-quality absorbing materials. If you want to consult more about absorbing materials, please contact us.